Good morrow! I apologize for no post yesterday; I’ve been feeling quite ill lately. Just before Christmas, that’s my luck! Today will be a short post as well because of the same reason. Really I just wanted to get on here so I could wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays because for obvious reasons I won’t be putting up a post tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, I will be up super early, not because of my daughter but because Bell (a tv/phone/internet provider here in Canada) has decided that they are going to pull my love into work on Christmas day. How Scrooge-ish! I was pretty upset, I mean like everything is closed on Christmas, with the exception to places that need to be open, like hospitals and the buses, but really does bell have to be, do people need internet installed that badly that they can’t wait a day. I guess it’s important for people to have their phones, in case of emergency, but still, I feel like they could have looked for volunteers and then if they didn’t have enough start to assign people. Because there are people who don’t celebrate Christmas, or don’t have family to do anything with, and you get paid time and a half on that day, I’m sure they’d be willing to work for the extra money.
Anyways, that’s enough complaining from me! We still get to have some time in the morning because we’ll be waking up early. I’m excited to see that wide eyed joyful look on my daughters face when she sees the presents from Santa, such a magical time. This year all my Christmas money is going towards my pole-tuition for January, money well spent!
Before I leave you, I’m going to give those of you with kids, or even those of you who just like treats, a recipe to do with the children! Santa cookies!
Peanut butter Blossoms
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar (for decoration)
- 2 (9-oz) bags milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated. Mix in milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to12 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools.
Now this makes about 80 cookies, and lets face it, Santa doesn’t need 80 cookies. But the reason I like this recipe is because I also get to bring some to the Christmas party, or give as gifts!
Merry Christmas all!