So I had a fantastic class last night! It was our last class of lvl 5 which meant dress up class. Obviously being so close to Christmas, that was our theme! I had a blast, picked up a new move, got to see my ladies, took some pictures, it was great!
The move I picked up last night is the starfish! I’m very excited about this because a move I’ve always wanted to do is the superman and I know this is one of the ways to get into it which means I’m one step closer to accomplishing it. The shoulder mount was my goal for so long and I accomplished that a couple of weeks ago so I needed a new goal. Unfortunately it’s Christmas break for my home studio so they’re closed for 2 weeks. Don’t get me wrong, everyone needs their breaks, plus it’s Christmas, so I’m excited, but still sad, it’s very conflicting.
I also made a little Christmas gift for my pole ladies. A home made lotion I call Dancing Girl Lotion, and thank god they loved it because I was nervous about giving it to them. I am with anything home made, because you work on something to make a gift personal so all you can hope is they like it.
Me and my ladies! We’re all pretty awesome and they make pole even better. It’s always nice to have good friends doing what you all love together, it makes it so much easier to get new moves when you have these ladies cheering you on. I really love this picture.
Corinne (my wonderful pole instructor) and I. We wound up wearing very similar outfits! Worked out well that mine was green and hers was red. Corinne is a huge inspiration of mine, she amazes me with all she can do and she looks like she does it with such ease! Although I know better than that, I know the discipline and dedication it takes to learn and preform moves.
Short post today because my little one has gymnastics this morning, but I’ll leave you with another delectable recipe!
Clean Eating Chocolate Mint Fudge
Makes 12 Squares.
- 1 Cup Plain Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Natural Cocoa
- *2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (Optional)
- 1/8 Cup Honey (you can use agave, maple etc)
- 3 Packets of Stevia
- 1/3 Cup of Natural Plain Cashew Butter
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Tsp Mint Extract (or peppermint)
*1 scoop protein powder is usually about a ¼ cup.
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a bowl with a spoon until smooth. Having your nut butter at room temperature helps this process go faster.
- I used an 8×8 baking pan. First I took cling wrap and covered the bottom and sides of the pan. Then I added the batter on top.
- Top with chocolate chips evenly.
- Then I took another sheet of cling wrap and covered the batter. This is easy, less messy and I do not have to fight to get the fudge out when I am ready to serve it.
- Place in freezer over night.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 12 squares. Serve immediately. Keep the cut fudge covered in the freezer until ready to eat.
- This is a cold treat.
Good for after workouts because it’s packed with protein, and especially delicious because of it’s chocolate-y goodness! Until tomorrow mes amours!