Alright that’s the last time you’ll ever hear me quote that “song”. That doesn’t mean I’m any less excited though! Wednesdays are my favorite day, it’s the night I go to the studio with my best friend, we go and get lots of bruises! Woohoo! I still have bruises from last week, they’re pretty nasty.
This year I got my Christmas tree early!
I got a nice big fat tree! I love it! My little one is super excited to decorate but I have to hold her off until Daddy is off work on Thursday so we can all do it together.
It’s one of my favorite parts of Christmas, and now my house smells like beautiful pine!
One tradition that my family has is we get a new ornament every year to hang on the tree. I have a total of 30 or something close to that, some years when I was younger I got more than one. Now I do the same for my daughter, it’s great to carry on nice family traditions!
What are some of your Holiday traditions you do with your family? Be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, I’d love to hear about them!
Alright time for a delicious recipe! Today is another treat, who am I kidding, they’re always treats. Truth is I love sweets so when I can find a way to make them healthier, all the better so I don’t have to feel guilty after eating it.
Skinny Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
Makes 3 Servings.
- 1/2 Cup Natural Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped 70% Dark Chocolate (or Chocolate Chips)
- 2 Mini Candy Canes (crushed)
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- Place almonds, chocolate and mint extract in a double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler, a glass pyrex bowl or something along those lines, well fitted on top of a pot of boiling water so that it melts the chocolate will work just as well) until almonds are completely coated in chocolate.
- On a wax-paper covered plate pour chocolate almond mixture into a single layer.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane over top or layer.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Remove from freezer and cut into three pieces.
Delicious! And dark chocolate is actually good for you, in moderation of course! Enjoy a holiday treat, December is one of my favorite months because it’s candy cane flavored EVERYTHING! It’s the most wonderful time of the year! (Thought that if I started this post with a song, I should end with one too!)